Annie T. Doe Memorial Academy
What we Believe
- Christian faith is the basis for all endeavors of the school as we seek Christ first in all that we do. (Matthew 6:33)
- We believe that all subjects should be taught through a biblical worldview.
- We believe that Christian education is a collaborative effort among the home, church, and school.
- We believe that the primary goals of Christian education are the salvation and discipleship of the next generation, and must have an eternal perspective.
- We believe that success at Annie T. Doe Academy is measured not only by the student’s leadership, personal excellence, and integrity; but moreover, by their life commitment to Jesus Christ.
- We believe in an academically stimulating environment that will fully prepare students to meet challenges they will be faced with in their future.
- We believe students have varied learning styles. As they are engaged in the learning process, we provide a variety of instructional strategies to support their learning.
- We believe that each student is created in God’s image and possesses unique physical, social, and academic needs.
Meet Our Students
Raising our children
We’d like to introduce you to one of our future stars. Lucy Attia is 12 years old and has never had an opportunity to go to school. She is the oldest of six children, and both of her parents are unemployed and lives in a deplorable condition. Everyday after school, she sells char coal to assist her parents meet her daily meal.. Even through these obstacles, Lucy still smiles every time she shares her hope of becoming an Oprah Winfrey to her community and hopefully the world. With the help of our Legacy Partners, Lucy is receiving an education that will give her the tools she needs to realize her dreams and leave an even larger legacy. She is not alone.
We currently support 370 children who all share a story like hers. Would YOU be willing to partner in building and maintaining these legacies? This is an opportunity to give our sons and daughters the chance to learn, a safe place to play, and the opportunity to prepare for their futures.
Meet Our Staff
Sponsor a Child
Carmen & Lynn's story
Five years ago, at the Annie T Doe Memorial Foundation Gala, my husband and I were captured by one particular portion of the night’s presentation. A photo was shared of two children who were sitting on concrete blocks in one of the Academy’s classrooms. These two children were not in uniform and were not being sponsored. The determination of these two children, Thomas and Josephine, to bring concrete blocks each day and sit quietly, showed they wanted to learn. This story tugged at my husband and mine’s heart. We wanted to fulfill their dream of an education and a Christian based one.
For a small fee of $300 per academic school year per child, my husband and I have made this dream a reality. Thomas and Josephine are provided with school uniforms, bookbags, school supplies, lunch and a Christian education.
For less than a $1 a day, you can make a child’s dream come true. Join my husband (Lynn) and I in sponsoring a child’s education.
I will be sharing stories from the children attending the school about how someone has affected their life. That person could be you.
Board Member of Annie T Doe Memorial Foundation
Sponsor a Child
For less than $1 a day, you can make a child’s dream come true.