Who we are
ANNIE T. DOE MEMORIAL FOUNDATION is a non-for-profit organization whose membership is drawn from all races, creeds and ethnicity because we believe that there is power and strength in DIVERSITY. We share a common commitment to empower today’s generation for a better tomorrow through securing aids, goods and services to provide Christian-based education, women Empowerment programs, and basic health care services to under-privileged and or marginalized communities. Giving hope to the less fortunate is critical to the Annie T. Doe Memorial Foundation’s existence. With the collective help of our partners, friends and sponsors, we intend to fight poverty at any cost leaving NO CHILD or WOMAN behind through enriched educational and adult literacy programs.
ANNIE T. DOE MEMORIAL FOUNDATION will continue to build stronger communities and share the love of Jesus Christ by providing free Christian education, empowerment opportunities and basic and healthcare services to underserved communities
“Empower Today’s Generation For A Better Tomorrow by increasing discipleship; reducing global poverty; developing future leaders; stronger families and better communities”
Legacy of Annie T. Doe
The Late Annie T. Doe
- Sunrise May 1936 – Sunset Sept 20, 1989
- Mother of Nine (9) children; several grand children
- Educated 9 children with proceeds from used clothes in Buchanan, Grand Bassa County, Liberia
- A Business woman who did not receive formal classroom education
- An advocate for education
- Though not educated herself; she understood the importance of educating her children and the community
This Foundation honors her legacy by continuing to provide educational opportunities to women and children in economically challenged communities.